Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Thoughts and work

So this past week has been interesting; as I was out sick last class I did more thinking about what direction I want to head in. I talked before about how I was considering doing a series of screen prints, but with where my thesis work is heading, I've decided to nix that idea entirely. I may revisit it a little closer to the show to create take aways and what-not, but for now I feel like the aesthetic is not the direction I'm heading in.

Speaking of direction, I've been considering how I want to begin pulling all of this together. Because, wether I like it or not.. our show will be here faster than I can even comprehend. I really liked the idea brought up last Monday about filling bubblewrap with water to create really interesting scale-like patterns, but I have a concern that I'd love an opinion on. Will the idea draw too much upon the original art, I'm afraid of trying to credit an idea to myself that is not in fact mine.

I'd love some thoughts on that before I go forward with creating my first experimental piece. I have ordered the supplies, and they should (hopefully) be here within the next couple of days.  In the meantime I have continued with my water color series. These I decided to begin abstracting them further by slicing them in a way that it makes it even harder to understand that it is originally a digital image of a snake.


Today I plan to take my digital camera and do a small photoshoot. My hope is to have a wide variety of different mediums to chose from, so when the show draws closer I have a vast selection. 

1 comment :

  1. I'd say, don't worry overmuch about source of an idea; there are lots and lots of ideas. what matters vastly more, is where you take an idea.

    ReplyDelete