Thursday, February 11, 2016

Final Formations

Here are the crystals I've grown. The first three are all formed from monoammonium phosphate, and the last one is from potassium aluminum sulfate. In the three similar ones, I'm not sure why some crystals chose to grow more around the base rock as opposed to on it. I'm also not sure why some yielded larger crystals than others. I know heat can be a great factor in this, but I made sure they all started out at the same temperature. Either way, I'm glad I got a variety in scale.





2 comments :

  1. each one a kind of sentence (or paragraph, or poem). written in chemical syntax (bonds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. is the green a flaw (foreign element) in the crystal?
    can one grow crystals from different sources, simultaneously?
    like "dope" them? (dopanta trace impurity element that is inserted into a substance (in very low concentrations) to alter the electrical or optical properties of the substance.

    ReplyDelete