Monday, February 15, 2016

More Architecture Abstractions

This weekend I took time to create more abstractions. The threshold in Illustrator was tweaked with each one to get the desired look. Some worked best near default settings, others improved with changes. I will work from these to create even further abstracted pieces. Some images I am more interested in the white space, others the black space is more intriguing. As of now I might switch between the black and white depending on what is more interesting in the image. Should I stay consistent in the spaces I'm exploring? Does it matter if I'm exploring the negative space, or the buildings themselves if both are creating shapes of interest? These are questions I ask myself as I continue to hone my work down to more finalized pieces.












1 comment :

  1. I'm not understanding the objective here, but suppose that at these levels of abstraction, there comes a point where you might combine derivations from two or more different buildings, perhaps returning some color to the respective components).

    that is, wrap them around each other, connect them in different ways, different architectural styles combined...

    ReplyDelete