Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Alice

I just got help from writing center and here is the new proposal:

I plan to retell the story of Alice in Wonderland. The story will be base on a bad phenomenon currently happening in China.

This phenomenon called Peng Ci. If I translate it straight into English, it means bump the porcelain.

This is my retelling: Alice falls into the rabbit hole and gets to an absurd world. She sees a crowd of onlookers on the street that makes her feel curious. So she walks ahead and sees Mr. Rabbit lying on the ground. Mr. Rabbit claims that the Dodo bumped him and broke his leg. Mr. Dodo denies he bumped the rabbit. When the onlookers and Dodo see Alice walk to Rabbit, they all run away. Alice wants to help Mr. Rabbit, but Rabbit starts to shout that Alice bumped him and broke his leg. Then, people catch her and bring her before the Queen of Hearts.

At this time, I want to show this story by taking some photos and adding some illustrations to them. In the photos, I will act the Alice part myself and other characters (like Mr. Rabbit) will be illustrations. Also, I will look for some Chinese news about Peng Ci, and use it to show the connection between Peng Ci in China and my story. The final work might be posters displayed on the wall showing the correct sequence of the story.

No comments :

Post a Comment