Wednesday, March 23, 2016

New Poster Idea (possible volvel also)

For the last couple of weeks I've been coming up with new concept ideas for a poster. I tried to think of ways that I could relay useful information to my viewers and also be a great design. I have had this design in my head for a while now and I've finally put it into illustrator. I love where this is going and have gotten great feedback and ideas from various people.

John McVey gave me the idea of turning this into a giant volvel (if you don't know what that is, I'll bring in an example tomorrow to look at). I loved this idea and it has the potential to have that "wow" factor that my project needs.

I have also gotten feedback on different ways of arranging the data and colors and so on. Any more feedback would be great. I want to push this idea as far as it can go (or until the deadline is here and I need to finalize it.)

The idea of this poster is to show information. I know that, at first, it makes you think. But I'm perfectly ok with that. The plants that help pollinators are listed at the top left of the diagram, and to see what categories each plant falls under you need to follow that specific plant's circle all the way around. I broke the data up into 7 categories: herb/flower, fragrant/scentless, whether or not the plant flowers, if it is used in cooking or has medicinal uses. These are some things that many gardeners look for in plants so I decided to focus on just these 7 things. I got the coloring from the colors I used to represent each plant in my illustrations.

I hope that explained it well enough. I can explain more in person tomorrow in class.




No comments :

Post a Comment