Monday, April 11, 2016

From Model to Models

So just as a refresher, here's what model look I've decided on:
This model is made up of 30 units.

The beautiful part about modular origami? There is not one set number of units you have to use to create a model. This particular method can also be made into a 12 units model
And a 6 unit model
So I decided to see if I could weave this different sizes together
It was pretty simple and it worked out really nicely. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture when I had 12 unit models completely surrounding the 30 unit, with 6 unit models attached to the 12s. It kinda ended up looking like a sun, especially because of the colors I used.

I also tried my hand a few more model designs:
This is a 30 unit that kinda resembles a flower but still has the gaps needed to interweave models together.

It also has a 12 unit variation, but cannot go any smaller because it has to connect 4 units together to stay intact, not 3 like the previous models I've shown.


I tried one more model, but this one can only be as small at 30 pieces as it requires 5 units to connect together to stay intact.
The cool thing about this unit is that the "petals" can be curled and give the model a completely new look.

Alright, I've had my fun. Now it's time to get down to business and actually make a dress.







No comments :

Post a Comment